Saturday, April 14, 2007

BUY A PART OF ART HISTORY!

Summer of 2006, I'm riding my bike past what I think is another photography session for our friend Spencer Tunik who is famous for getting thousands of people at famous locations and doing mass nude shoots. It's what looks like 50+ nude women on bikes. As I get closer, I realise the women are not NUDE but in full nylon body suits with all thier naughty bits covered. I group of faked (fake naked) women descend upon me and ask me to participate "OUR BROWN GIRL DIDN'T SHOW UP" they say.

Next thing I know, I'm given a pair of nude coloured body hose, nude coloured panties, boobie cover things and a pair of Adidas sneakers.

The shoot was for an artist named Pia Dehne who recreates famous nude photographs and then paints it. She was recreating a US censored Queen cover for "Fat Bottomed Girls" with a crowd of nude females readying themselves at the start of a Bike Race.

Sitting in the NY August Summer sun for hours in neck to toe nylons for all the public to see isn't as exciting as it sounds. In fact, it doesn't sound exciting. It was uncomfortable yet empowering.

LIttle did I know that AFTER the two hours of mimicked public nudity, we were to participate in the Deitch/Paper Magazine 2nd Annual Art Parade thru Soho.

Check out the shoes in action. It LOOKS like it's inappropriate, but we are all clothed. Promise.

But I digress.







Condition: Excellent (Work only once)
Colour: Black, Yellow and White. The yellow stripes and the black velcro straps are glittery patent
Size: Women's 10
Starting Bid: $10



Click it to bid it!

No comments: